It's all a matter of perspective.

Monday, August 12, 2002

A song made up of alternating and random couplets from Poison and Skid Row’s first albums:

She was a ballerina on a subway train
Stiletto heels and a candy cane
Remember the nights we sat and talked about all our dreams
They were more distant than they seemed
I made my move with my libido on
She circled once and then she dropped the bomb
Long legs and short skirts
These girls hit me where it hurts

I met a sidewalk preacher on a roller skate
He said he had the key to heaven's gate
Grab my hat and I grab my shoes
Tonight I'm gonna hit the streets and cruise
Life ain't no easy ride at least that's what I'm told
Sometimes the rainbow baby is better than the pot of gold
I'll wait for the movie 'cause I been there before
And learned: life is a battle and love is war

One night I caught her running out the cellar door
There was about a million people lying flat on the floor
I went to bed too late and got up too soon
My poor head still spinnin' from too much booze
Every quittin' time is another disease
Too many cowboys ridin' high shootin' low at the knees
No tell, motel, hotel bed
If it wasn't for the sunlight I'd swear I was dead

I never seen you look so good
You never act the way you should
Good God, bless my soul
I need a fix of rock 'n roll
All my friends are two faced
And I'm a social disgrace
Tequila in his heartbeat, His veins burned gasoline.
It kept his motor running but it never kept him clean.

Mama, please let me go to the show
I dig those bad boys playing that rock and roll
Since I was born they couldn't hold me down
Another misfit kid, another burned-out town
The noose gets tighter around my throat
But I ain't at the end of my rope
I need a chance just to get away
If you could hear me think this is what I'd say

She goes down slow like a shot of gin
She's got an angel's face and the devil's grin
In the heat of the night is when she comes alive
She's gonna push you push you til she's satisfied
I'm on your footsteps and I wait behind your back
I spread like fire upon the streets I'm ready to attack
Only in the evening at night I come alive
So try to keep your passion deep I need it to survive

No comments: