It's all a matter of perspective.

Friday, July 26, 2002

Welcome to my Garage sale. Come in, take a look around and see if there is anything you might like. We are very friendly and open to haggling!

Oh yes, I see you have excellent taste! That shirt was a favorite of mine, back before I got so fat. It would look very handsome on you. It is still in excellent condition as I refused to wash it so as not to fatigue it. And it is a bargain at the Fifty cent asking price. No sale? Very well. Browse on, my friend. I’m sure the next person will not be so slapdash.

Aaahh, I remember those socks. I have been looking for them. I did not know that my wife had marked them to be sold. They were my favorite, you see. But I really do need to earn some money, and I suppose I could part with them for your sake. Just show me the quarter! What, not interested? Very well, you do not deserve my favorite socks anyway.

Look over here . . . that’s right it is the ABC gum table. This was my idea. This gum was hardly even chewed! Some of it still has flavor left! And only a penny! Hey, where are you going? You are going to miss the best deal of all. I save my mouthwash! It’s an antiseptic, why would you spit it down the drain? It is reusable. Hey come back, I need your nickels!!!

No comments: