It's all a matter of perspective.

Tuesday, November 04, 2008

As we all bask in the glow of this holy and righteous righting of the country, allow yourself a few minutes to contemplate the brave and honest voters of our God-fearing land who stood in line, against all odds, to make their voice heard.

Go here to hear a series of interviews with Arkansas voters. Their knowledge of the issues and cunning intellect cuts to the bone.

I have two favorites, and of course, they save the best for last. First is insufferable honkey, Leotis Smith, who has never voted for a republican, but reminds us that the country is not ready for an African American in the White House, "I'm onna tell ya, I wonna furhurrrepiden - I jus not ready fur it, I not ready fur it myself."

And finally, a sweet lady at the Bus Stop named Darlene, who isn't voting this year. Not because of her multiple felonies, but because, "I ain't getting shit." When the reporter points out that Obama is an African American candidate, she takes issue, "His Mammy White!"

3 comments:

J4 said...

America -- what a country!

Kimberly said...

Wow. and... no, just wow.

Capt. Flipout said...

I think we can all be thankful that Darlene opted not to vote.