This past weekend at the Little Rock Farmer's Market I found a fellow that had some Pennsylvania Morels for sale. I picked up $5 worth (About 3/4 pint basket - small morels) and cooked them for dinner tonight. This is what I came up with. It turned out real nice!
Morels with Butter and Cream over Pasta
- Two servings of Dry angel hair pasta
- Olive Oil
- 1 egg
- Panko Bread Crumbs
- Heavy Cream
Prepare pasta according to package directions. Toss with olive oil, cover and set aside.
- Pat Morels dry with a paper towels and cut into uniform pieces.
- Dip pieces in egg wash, then panko and set aside on plate.
- Melt about four tblsp butter in a small sautee pan with a tsp of olive oil, when butter stops foaming, add Morels.
- Toss gently in butter until panko browns.
- Add enough cream to float the Morels and S&P to taste.
- Let it simmer for ten minutes or so until it becomes a sauce.
Serve over Pasta with freshly grated Parmesan.