It's all a matter of perspective.

Friday, October 25, 2002

The biggest problem with having a beautiful, sweet wife who is also a gifted decorator and homemaker is that our house has become so comfy that all of God’s creatures want to live with us. In the past six months we have been infested with roaches, ants, fleas, ants again, and now this: Yesterday I trapped and killed seven mice in our kitchen. Seven. onetwothreefourfivesixSEVEN! And I may not be through. It is just gross.

One thing about it, the bastards do not stand a chance when they get in to my house. I am a rat killin’ sumbitch. My secret . . . crunchy peanut butter. They are powerless against it.

Sniff. Sniff. Mmmmmm peanut butter. I’m so hungry. This is great. My favorite thing right here on the ground just for me to eat right up. Mmmmmm peanut bu . . . SLAM!!!


I had to be at work at 7:00 this morning. I usually come in at 7:30. Some observations:
  • It is still pitch black dark at 6:45 in the morning.
  • There are a suprising number of people out at 6:45 in the morning.
  • Thirty minutes makes a huge difference. I usually feel like crud in the mornings, but I really did not want to get up this morning.
  • when you come in at 7:30, you have to search for a parking spot. At 7:00 you can park it anywhere you like.
Actually I got here at 7:07. I am the most punctual guy in the world – after noon.


There are basically three types of posts that I make to the blog here. 1) News or political commentary. 2) Personal notes to my intelligent and talented readers. 3) Humor or parody. I am an aspiring humorist. That is what I want to do in life. My heroes are P.J O’rourke and Christopher Buckley and Douglas Adams and Neal Pollack, guys like that. I have noticed lately that when I post short humor pieces or parodies on my blog, they get no comments.

I realize that I am being neurotic, but I just wondered what the reason was for that. Have I left nothing to say? Are they not funny? Do you skip over them? Do I smell funny? Don’t leave me! Please! I can change, I swear!

No comments: