From: Patrick Greer
Sent: Wednesday, June 16, 2004 5:48 PM
To: Nathaniel Greer
Subject: My thoughts on the eve of the Open
1) Tiger will be a factor (but not win) because Shinnecock takes the driver out of his hands whether he likes it or not.
2) Look for an old guy to make some serious noise (Tom Kite, Jay Haas, Tom Watson, Stads, etc.)
3) Padraig Harrington will scare the harrington out of us and make us think (God forbid!) that a foreigner might win our open.
4) The wind will blow....lots!
5) Corey Pavin will still need his 4 wood to get home on 18 - but it won't matter to anyone but himself. (He really needs to grow the stache back and get some Just For Men gel.)
6) Sergio is also a good possibility if he doesn't hit driver at the wrong time. However, the New Yorkers are still pissed and he probably won't be able to deal with the heckling (which I think is exactly why Monty is a no show in the Big Apple.)
7) Finally, my prediction for a winner...........
Mickelson makes it two in row (if the blade putter is still in the bag and he leaves the flop shot at home.)