It's all a matter of perspective.

Thursday, June 12, 2003

I have the on call cell phone at work this week. It is the first tie that I have had to carry it. This morning about 1:00 it rang for the first time. I fell out of bed, stood up, grabbed the phone, ran into the door jam trying to walk into the hall with it, and then called the person back because it had slipped to voice mail before I could get a light on and see the answer button.

“This is Nathan with computer support. Did you just try to call me?”

“Yeah, (long pause) I can not print. Well . . . I can print sometimes but not all of the time.”

“Have you rebooted your computer?”

“No.”

“Do that for me.”

So I held the line while she rebooted. When it came back up, it printed just fine, of course. Do you think that was a good reason to wake a workingman in the middle of the night? Use discretion, people.

By the time I got the lights back off and stumbled back to the bed, the boy had been alerted to my presence. So I had to get him a glass of water and put him back to bed. Of course, by then I was wide-awake too. Long night.

While proofreading I just realized that this reads like a post from Dan’s blog. Now I know what it is like to be an asthmatic locksmith.

If you have not noticed, Barber is taking us on a two-week journey through the best music in the world. It is certainly a must read. Also he now has Statler and Waldorf on his header.

S: What would you do if you were a rich man?

W: That's easy, I'd buy the network and cancel this show!

No comments: