It's all a matter of perspective.

Friday, September 27, 2002

I received this note from my sister earlier this week. I feel her pain.

Confession: I LOVE HAM!! Not just any ham, but smoked ham….no not just smoked ham, Kroger lunch meat smoked ham. It comes in a one pound bag, and my roommate and I go through at least one bag a week. After rolling out of bed and stumbling into the kitchen, I quickly retrieve two slices of ham from the meat bin in my refrigerator. Nibble, Nibble, Nibble. Each bit is savored. It must take me fifteen minutes to eat those two slices. And then I go back for seconds. Generally this sequence is repeated three, maybe four more times in a day. Honestly, I think I could eat both hams off of a 400 pound sow. I wonder if that could explain my cholesterol level of 286. Maybe it does…or maybe, just maybe it’s that high because the one thing that will make me turn and sprint from ham is bacon. A whole damn plate of it.

No comments: